Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper is looking for a top-tier candidate for the VP Financial Planning & Analysis role supporting all groups of the organization. This position will report to the CFO/COO & partner with the leaders of the business to execute the budgeting & forecasting processes, reporting & analysis of financial results, procurement processes, & various strategic analyses. The right candidate will have a deep passion for our business, an operational mindset, & the ability to think critically & structure new problems. Candidates must be highly analytical & strong & effective communicators.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Direct the company-wide quarterly forecasting process & annual budgeting process including income statement, cash flow & balance sheet forecasts.
- Prepare & manage the preparation of various monthly financial & operational reporting across all departments of the business.
- Manage the preparation of Caspers long range plan on an annual basis.
- Work closely with the Accounting Team to prepare variance to budget & other deep-dives.
- Prepare & direct the execution of various strategic & business analyses.
- Manage FP&A & Procurement teams (2 direct reports, 5 total team members).
- Work closely with the ownership team to develop & update financial strategy.
- Partner with Treasury on cash flow trajectories.
- Lead planning & reporting calendar to track progress in meeting company debt requirements.
Our dream candidate is/has
- 10-15 years of experience in Finance required with exposure to both FP&A & non-finance Business Analytics, investment banking a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration required. MBA is strongly preferred.
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting & accounting
- Ability to work independently on projects & initiatives to achieve objectives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to think critically, strategically & problem solve
- Can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization
- Strong people manager with experience managing a 3+ person team & a passion for career development
- Ability to form & develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles & organizational levels
- Prior experience with modeling tools (Adaptive a plus)
- Ability to present results to executive leadership & company-wide audiences
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.