Sr. Plumbing DetailerBuilding Platforms
This Sr Plumbing Detailer will develop high detail (kitting-level) documents & installation sets primarily for the plumbing scope of Katerra building platforms. These platforms are standardized buildings that can be constructed in many locations with minimal project customization needed. At Katerra our buildings in incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Specific duties & responsibilities
The Sr. Plumbing Detailer will be a member of Katerras Building Platform Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Develop LOD400 computer models for plumbing systems based on engineering drawings and/or basis of designs.
- Produce Shop Drawings (i.e. Issue for Manufacturing sets) for prefabricated assemblies that will be built in a factory/off-site.
- Produce Field Drawings (i.e. Issue for Installation sets) for field installers detailing the exact locations & complete parts needs for installation.
- Occasionally develop Revit families as needed to complete modeling/detailing
- Coordinate with other engineers, field tradesmen, & manufacturing on part selection.
- Coordinate with other modelers, detailers, etc. for clash correction.
- Support optimization of VDC/detailing processes to improve detailing execution.
- Support the ideation & development of prefab assemblies that accelerate field installation.
Required skills & experience
- 2+ years of experience in plumbing detailing/design for building construction
- 2+ years of experience as a detailer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used US-based projects.
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: Revit
- General knowledge of the International Plumbing Code & the Uniform Plumbing Code
Additional desired skills & experience
- 1+ year of experience in either estimating, project management, or as a field installation for US based plumbing construction projects.
- Experience with PDF markup tools such as Bluebeam & Adobe Acrobat.
Minimal expected (<2%)