Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking a People Operations (People Ops) Generalist to join the Mailchimp People Operations Team. As a People Ops Generalist you will be partnered & work closely with one or more People Partners (our version of HR Business Partners).
Our ideal candidate has a background in Human Resources/People Operations, supporting a variety of people-related activities & processes. At Mailchimp, we listen hard & change fast; a willingness to understand our company strategy while providing flexible approaches to business challenges is paramount. With the help of an amazing People Operations & Total Rewards team, & partnering closely with other amazing Centers of Excellence, you will help ensure employees & managers are supported & enabled. The People Ops Generalist will also play a role & be counted on to help execute the People Ops strategic roadmap in 2020 & beyond.
What you'll do here:
- Work closely with People Partner(s) to provide support, guidance, & proactive partnership to assigned departments in a wide variety of functional areas
- Interpret policies & processes & communicate impact of these to managers & employees
- Perform professional level human resources work & carry out responsibilities in one or more functional areas, such as employee relations, performance management, compensation, training & development, diversity, equity & inclusion, & HR research
- Carry out administrative work involving the human resources functions & maintain related records
- Work cross-functionally on existing & new projects, ensuring that programs are carried out in accordance with Mailchimps policies & procedures
- Analyze & provide advice to manager on methods & approaches to resolve employee issues, concerns, & general questions; escalate & partner closely with Center of Excellence team members, People Partners, & People team leadership as necessary
- May conduct research to determine the effectiveness of HR programs & policies
- May develop & propose recommendations to programs & processes to improve the effectiveness of human resources & operations
- Support employee relations efforts & conversations
- Provide other human resources services or support as needed
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2-4 years HR experience
- Moderate to advanced understanding of all HR functional areas
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-demand & ever-changing environment while demonstrating flexibility, professionalism, & good judgment
- Workday experience preferred
- Experience using G Suite products preferred
- Experience partnering across Centers of Excellence & working on cross-functional projects
- Fantastic interpersonal communication skills; experience & comfort interfacing with all levels of an organization
- Experience navigating complex situations & recommending & influencing successful solutions
- Experience using data to recommend thoughtful solutions
- Experience working on cross-functional projects that support large organizational initiatives & executing on successful change management
- A high level of empathy & a passion for teamwork & the desire to contribute positively to the employment experience of over 1,200 employees
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.