About the Role
The Data Analyst will be a member of SecurityScorecards Data Science team, contributing to analysis & reporting projects for internal customers, & contributing to the evolution of our cybersecurity software platform.
Security Scorecards Data Science team is a critical contributor to developing new metrics, tools, analytics, algorithms, & visualizations to provide critical insights & competitive advantage.
This an excellent opportunity for a data analyst who is compelled by projects that make an important impact in a start-up organization, & by working in partnership with a team of PhD data scientists.
- Respond to analysis requests from internal customers across the organization to develop insights & support business decisions
- Gather, compile & analyze data from multiple data sources
- Participate in larger, ongoing data science initiatives around machine learning, predictive modeling, & platform analytics
- Create meaningful data visualizations
- Contribute to team operational efficiency by developing documentation & managing repository of tool libraries
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years work experience in a data analytics or business intelligence capacity
- High level of proficiency in Excel & SQL
- Experience with Python required (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn)
- Experience with reporting & data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with statistics & machine learning
- Scala experience a plus
- Business acumen; interest in, & ability to understand the context of requests & consult internal customers on needs
- Intellectual curiosity; thrives in a continuous learning environment
- Multi-tasking; ability to manage multiple projects.
SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, & insights. Weve built a new category of enterprise software which enables companies to rate & understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors & use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, & vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, & Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously & targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience & Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization & alignment with these values is as important as your skills.
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.