WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, build & maintain high quality, scalable product deployments to backend systems & tools that are critical to internal teams such as Marketing, Customer Service & Design Team.
- Work with teams to respond to, triage & resolve issues arising from customer & internal feedback.
- Continue to advance personal skill set & domain knowledge while helping others progress through mentorship opportunities.
- Work with our Product Management team to evaluate & execute designs & improvements to consumer facing stationary products as well as administrative tools for managing those products.
- Evaluate requests & feedback, & design features that enable teams to be more efficient & successful.
- Ensure that systems are maintained & scalable & that tech debt remains minimal during & after feature development. Technological choices should be made thoughtfully so their impacts do not hinder future development.
- Participate in & provide technical insight on business discussions & decision making; facilitating productive conversations that drive positive business results.
- Assist in automating the developer toolkit to provide recurring value to the company over time; enabling quicker ramp times for new employees & more efficient internal transfers.
- Automate the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through rigorous automation testing, ensuring quality remains high.
- Enable & participate in a DevOps culture in the Product Development organization. Monitor system uptime, response times, & product quality.
- Participate in--and raise the bar for--technical hiring across the Product Development organization. Inspire external developers to join the company & help raise the overall technical excellence of the team.
SUCCESSFUL FULLSTACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering degree
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience with large scale direct to consumer web applications
- Proficiency in coding & delivering products using Node, React & Typescript
- Knowledge of at least one other web-friendly language (JS, PHP, Ruby, Python, GO etc.)
- Understanding of both SQL & NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Postgresql, MongoDB/DocumentDB & Elastic Search
- Experience building restful web services using Express.js or the Serverless Framework
- Competency in AWS EC2, RDS, S3, & ElastiCache
- Experience writing & maintaining unit tests
- Nice to have experience with GraphQL, Lambdas & Next.js
- This position is fully remote & may be performed anywhere in the United States, except for in the state of Colorado.
- Driven to constantly delight customers & improve their experience with our products
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management
- Have a knack for prioritizing efficiently & multi-tasking
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative
- Competent in maintaining confidential information
- Enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Enjoys working with cross-functional teams on internal tools to improve team & company efficienc
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.