FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
Were looking for an experienced tax professional to join FanDuel in our New York City office. The Tax Senior Associate will assist the Head of US Tax with all tax-related matters for the entire FanDuel US group. Responsibilities cover assisting with all manner of tax planning opportunities, managing elements of the various tax compliance processes (i.e. income taxes, DFS/wagering taxes, sales taxes, etc.), conducting tax research & writing position memos, & building complex tax workpapers & financial models. The senior associate will work closely with the broader finance, legal, & human resources functions as well as working with the international tax team at Flutter Entertainment.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to help shape the tax positions & processes for the entire FanDuel US Group especially the rapidly growing US Sportsbook business.
What youll do
- Report directly to the Head of US Tax working on all tax-related matters
- Assist the Head of US Tax with a wide variety of tax planning projects across all of the lines of business within the US group
- Oversee key elements of the annual income tax compliance process
- Own the DFS tax reporting process
- Own the 1099 & 1042 reporting processes
- Own the sales tax reporting process
- Own the tax notice resolution process
- Assist with the tax provisioning process
- Conduct tax research & draft issue memos under the direction of the Head of US Tax
- Build/update multifaceted tax workpapers & financial models under the direction of the Head of US Tax
- Work closely with the international tax team at Flutter Entertainment
- Manage relationships with the other internal functions as well as outside tax consultants
- Liaise with federal, state, & local taxing authorities
Who were looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 3+ years of experience working with corporate income tax compliance & tax planning (preferable Big-4 experience or a combination of Big-4 & private experience)
- CPA certification is highly desired
- Experience in any other areas of tax is a plus
- Experience with tax provisioning and/or GAAP financial reporting is a plus
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be data driven with the ability to bring strong analytical rigor to decision-making with a focus on getting the right answer
- Must have a strong desire to learn about new areas of tax, tax provisioning & GAAP financial reporting, & the online gaming regulatory environment (via both direction from the Head of US Tax & self-study)
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are required
- Experience with tax technical and/or legal writing is a plus
- Experience & comfort with presenting to senior-level executives is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills & time/project management skills are required
- Experience in sports or online gaming industries is highly desired
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Flexible vacation time
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare plans
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.