Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day
- Lead & manage a team of managers who oversee a group of Personal Shoppers to ensure flawless service delivery to our customers daily
- Own efficiency & quality metrics
- Help to drive regional growth through launching new coverage areas & shopper acquisition
- Develop & manage retail partner relationships at the local & regional level
- Problem-solve & troubleshoot daily operational issues, approaching all facets with an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Initiate & lead processes to ensure qualified applicants join our Personal Shopper team
- Support local Operations Managers & regional General Managers on special projects for continued operating efficiency & growth
- Maintain a high Emotional IQ & ability to work with, coach, & manage a diverse workforce
- Provide an operational perspective to teams at HQ including Logistics & Community Operations to ensure best practices & protocols.
- Spend up to 50% of time in the field (at retail locations)
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of formal people management experience
- Background in retail, finance, consulting, operations, or a similar role at a tech company
- Strong communication skills, can effectively communicate at the corporate & retail level
- Ability to interpret data & take a quantitative approach to decision making
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & self-motivated environment, enjoys autonomy
- Experience guiding creative solutions to complex problems
- High attention to detail & strong execution skills
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade (eg. Excel, Google Drive)
- Strong critical thinking ability in technical & non-technical issues
- Positive attitude & fortitude to work through ever-changing & dynamic operational conditions
Bonus if you
- Have advanced experience with Excel
- Knowledge & experience with SQL and/or Tableau
- Exposure to P&L ownership, finances
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.