Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Education Coordinator I is responsible for overseeing the Clinical Operations training, competency assessment & continuing education programs. Additionally, the Education Coordinator leads the Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) Trainee Program through San Jose State University. The Education Coordinator must exhibit leadership skills, such as good judgement, sound analysis, decision making, ability to remain professional & composed under pressure, effective interpersonal skills & the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the laboratory & across departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the training, competency assessment & continuing education programs for the entire Clinical Operations Team. Including:
- Evaluation of the current program;
- Developing & implementing necessary improvements to maintain effectiveness;
- Identifying initiatives for future needs;
- Ensuring that documentation meets regulatory requirements & complies with company policies;
- Providing learning opportunities to the staff;
- Maintain & develop written procedures to document all aspects of training program;
- Accountable for maintaining & updating employee personnel training, competency & continuing education files for internal & external inspections; and
- Monitor & review staff competency & ensure all documentation is complete.
- Develop & maintain a detailed & comprehensive knowledge of all laboratory workflows including but not limited to process theory training & workflow overview;
- Coordinate the training team, which will assist with hands-on training of the Clinical Operations team including but not limited to providing guidance & mentorship to the trainers on the fundamentals of teaching & learning styles;
- Provide one-on-one interactions with new hires to provide a comprehensive, consistent & effective training program;
- Conduct orientation & oversee training for new employees, contractors & interns;
- Manage the CGMBS Trainee Program. Including:
- Maintaining & updating intern training documents for affiliated training programs;
- Working with affiliate training program director & affiliate education coordinators; and
- Monitoring & reviewing progress of trainees & provide training documents & status reports to Supervisors,
- Provide laboratory tours, briefings & overviews to other departments;
- Work with other departments to implement proper training during launches;
- Prioritize of a positive work environment by investing time & building relationships; and
- Exhibit a dedication to team work above & beyond scheduled daily work.
- At least one year of Guardant Health Clinical Laboratory experience or equivalent high complexity & volume laboratory experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of local, state, & federal laboratory regulations preferred;
- Able to integrate & apply feedback in a professional manner;
- Ability to work as part of a team; and
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, & honestly.
- Hours & days may vary depending on operational needs;
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary;
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens & instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements & high-speed centrifugation;
- Manual & repetitive pipetting may be necessary; and
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
#LI-PD1 #cancer #preventativemedicine #earlydetection #precisionmedicine #oncology #guardanthealth