Genius is searching for an intern to assist in overseeing the growth & editorial quality of Genius community of contributors. Strong communication skills, collaborative energy, reverence for musical knowledge & music culture, & active participation in the Genius community are all essential.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Recruit new users to increase active contributor base, with special focus on coaching promising new users to Editor
- Improve on-site editorial quality through coaching & recruiting
- Improve new user experience through outreach, website education, & feedback inbox
- Develop, organize, & strengthen positive community initiatives & activity, especially to improve community culture
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Active member of the Genius community for at least 2 months within the last year
- Hold the Editor or Moderator role on the Genius site
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to learn & be receptive to feedback
- Must submit a resume & a letter of interest
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S