ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
What you'll be doing:
ACVs Finance team is seeking a talented, experienced candidate to join us as the Sr. Manager of Financial Analytics. This multi-faceted role will focus on leveraging machine learning & modeling in order to build predictive models that are focused on revenue growth & margin expansion. This role will also focus on augmenting FP&A forecasting methodologies with complementary forecasting techniques. Experience in ETL & modeling along with translation of the output into widely consumable information is essential for this role. The ideal candidate has built ML based models hands-on & is also comfortable presenting to an executive audience.
- Develop deep understanding of the company & business processes
- Form strategic opinions & defend them with upper management
- Develop knowledge of ACVs financial model.
- Build predictive models using the latest machine learning modeling techniques that will assist in financial forecasting, analytics, & revenue growth & margin expansion.
- Partner with the lines of business leaders to formulate decision science strategies & models.
- Incorporate external data into forecasting & modeling.
- Develop valuable insights for data-driven decision making with the goal of allowing ACV to achieve its financial goals.
What you should have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a data science/predictive analytics role with hands-on experience building ML-based predictive models end-to-end.
- Bachelors degree in a related field required, Masters preferred.
- Ideally a PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related field, with demonstrated knowledge of quantitative methodologies.
- Clear communication skills both written & verbal.
- Competency with Python, SQL, & ETL software.
- Proven experience building high quality predictive models, end to end, including data procurement, data preparation, modeling, & deployment.
- Expertise with Machine Learning & Python.
- Experience developing KPIs & relating them to financial results.
- Ability to travel to HQ in Buffalo, NY as needed.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each & every Teammate.
- Career development & future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed & empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance & understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.