Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who can (1) monitor & analyze the quality of our data feeds & signals; (2) keep up-to-date on key developments & assess the impact of real-time Dataminr signals; & (3) be the in-house expert on breaking news.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, International relations, Political Science, Government, or Economics, or Foreign Language
- Foreign languages desired: Arabic, Russian, Turkish, Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Malay
- Demonstrated interest in breaking news & world events (relevant internships as well as campus positions at the University/College newspaper are a plus
- Ability to monitor & analyze data quickly
- Passion for technology & a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch & snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.