BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Associate to join its team in Los Angeles in March or April of 2021. While the Associate will be working remotely, we do require that the work be done from California. Freelancer will primarily provide publishing & editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team, working primarily for the As/Is, Goodful, BuzzFeed Celeb, & BuzzFeed Animals brands.
The ideal candidate is organized & detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, & all things BuzzFeed. Were looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement & communication skills.
This is a contract role, lasting 5 months. The person chosen is expected to work 40 hours per week & will be paid $20/hour.
All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts & finding/creating content across platforms.
- Read & watch BuzzFeed content & find creative ways to adapt Buzzfeed video content to new platforms.
- Optimize content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram + Instagram Stories, Twitter, & more
- Prepare insights for the social & content teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization
- Test creative & copy to discover ways to maximize engagement & traffic
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
- Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams
- Proven organizational & administrative experience
- Understanding of social platforms, & why content on those platforms became popular.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition.
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet (no haters).
- Flexible with changing workloads
- Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.