Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
This team is responsible for Tradeshift's backend, & is working to design the next generation architecture that will be able to solve the business needs of the future. This means making the needed changes to the current backend to enable high availability now, scalability for the future, & stability for our developers. In addition, we have an overall goal to improve the architecture to support Tradeshift's goal for moving to a micro-service architecture.
We are looking for team members who want to solve some of our most challenging problems, & are interested in becoming experts around most of the backend functionality in Tradeshift. This is a very important role, one that will have a big future at our company, as most of the functional aspects of our platform live in the backend & we need people to lead teams around these areas as we grow.
What a day is like:
- Grow into a very senior role at Tradeshift - your current peers are a group of senior engineering leaders who are assigned some of the most challenging problems we have at Tradeshift. We expect you will help us lead our engineering organization in the future.
- Lead & help our product teams be successful - guidelines, reviews, with the goal to enable high velocity for all of our product teams. Support product teams that are creating their own microservices based on backend functionality.
- Plan & implement the needed changes to our backend over time to ensure that the backend is highly available, scalable, & resilient to failure. This includes writing high-quality, tested & peer-reviewed code.
- Drive a long term priority list of initiatives needed to improve the backend (per business requirements).
- KPIs & monitoring for ensuring the success of the above goals.
- Identify opportunities, design & implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- 5+ years experience with SQL based DBs, preferably PostgreSQL
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, & take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container techs, like Docker or are interested in getting knowledge in that area
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, & distributed systems
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading & writing
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, & their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- Lunch & snacks daily with drinks