Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight. We also create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & drive change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Project Manager at Purpose, you will work jointly with Project Leadership teams (Lead Project or Program Manager, Project Content Lead & Project Principal) to successfully deliver projects to our clients while keeping Purpose accountable & disciplined internally. You will report directly into a Senior Project Manager based in the US with a dotted line to the Head of Project Management for North America. . Candidates who can begin immediately are strongly encouraged to apply. The role is offered at the Associate Level.
Project Management - As an Associate Project Manager, you will work hand in hand with a Lead Project or Program Manager on each project to support the day-to-day communication & operational aspects of projects.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Track, understand, & surface project priorities
- Support the lead PM with fielding tactical or operational questions about the project within Purpose, from clients, & from vendors/freelancers.
- Support the Project Lead(s) in preparing project kickoffs, weekly client check-ins, & pause & reflect sessions to identify & capture recommendations for future execution.
- Core Internal Work/Team Management
- Scheduling internal team meetings + identifying attendees for crucial recurring & ad-hoc discussions; capture meeting notes, & recap summarize, & share next steps with the team
- Make timeline & HIT list updates
- Develop drafts of individual workstream timelines & delegation
- Manage specified workstreams as needed
- Project Management Systems
- Manage Katana set-up & maintenance
- Task Management system set-up/maintenance
- Google Drive organization
- Scheduling client team meetings + identifying attendees for crucial recurring & ad-hoc discussions; capture meeting notes, recap & summarize next steps, conduct client follow-up as needed/directed by Lead PM
- Support drafting, formatting, compiling of client documents and/or meeting agendas
- Support lead PM with compiling, shepherding, & confirming resourcing requests with US/Global resource managers
- Working closely with Resource & Operations Manager to confirm staffing allocations; gather critical information to inform freelancer & vendor contracts.
- Contractor and/or Vendor Management
- Vendor/Contractor research
- Support drafting of scopes
- Shepherd the scope review process
- Deliverable/next steps/timeline tracking
- Budget & Finance Management
- Pull team burn & budget reports from our project financial management tool, Katana and/or from budget trackers
- Proactively communicate opportunities for optimizing scope, flags in day-to-day management
- Assist with invoice document preparation, tracking & filing Working closely with our Finance team to confirm the accuracy & schedule of invoices (client, freelancers, & vendors) in our approval management system (Nexonia).
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- 3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced, agency environment (i.e. professional services, creative agencies, consulting,), demonstrating a consistent ability to deliver against project tasks & priorities.
- Ability to be diplomatic & solutions-oriented under stress; demonstrate communication skills (written/verbal) & interpersonal skills (listening/empathy)
- Excellent track record of time management, systems organization, & follow-up
- Agility & flexibility towards evolving responsibilities & last minute project changes
- Collaborative & inclusive about working with global teams that are from diverse backgrounds
- Critical thinker, have high integrity, a team player with hands-on attitude, & a passionate problem-solving spirit
- Proficiency in creating spreadsheets & documents & designing & contributing to decks in Google Suites
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- A demonstrated track record in social sector organizing & advocacy
- Committed to creating a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.