Squarespace is looking for passionate & eager students to join our Software Engineering Internship Program this summer in New York City. We have a variety of highly innovative & evolving teams at Squarespace who are pushing out the next generation of web platform technologies. Over the course of our 11 week-program, you will be able to contribute to these teams through impactful work, grow your own professional & technical skill sets, & explore all that Squarespace & NYC have to offer you.
How to apply:
- Please review the teams below & select the three areas that interest you the most.
- Well review your application, & if your experience looks like a match, well send you a take home assessment before moving on to interviews. Follow the hackerrank directions closely as your chosen language will determine which role youre eligible for.
Qualifications for All Roles:
- Currently enrolled rising Senior graduating in December 2020 or May 2021
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- A foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices
- Previous internships or work experience in software engineering a plus!
Product Backend: Our Product Backend teams work with our Frontend counterparts to build the website creation & editing experience. For Product Backend, you will need experience in Java with a strong ability in data structures, algorithms, & problem solving.
Infrastructure Backend: Our Infrastructure teams are responsible for evolving Squarespaces massive engine that serves millions of users worldwide. For Infrastructure Backend, you will need experience in Java or Golang.
Site Reliability (SRE): Our SRE team is responsible for designing the systems that allow us to operate on our data centers & evolve the massive Squarespace software engine that serves millions of users worldwide. For the SRE team, you should have experience in Java, Python, or Go.
Data Engineering: Data Platforms builds & maintains the foundation of our analytics systems. Data Platforms works with engineering teams to build services that collect data for analysis. The Data Engineering team works with engineers & Data Scientists to help solve problems with data. For these roles, you should have experience in Python & demonstrated interest in data engineering.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.