Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
We are looking for proven Customer Account Executives who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
- You will be responsible for net new growth within key enterprise & SMB customers in the Tri-State region, at scale with some of the world's hottest startups to optimize their existing Twilio use cases & find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
- Youll help Twilios existing customers & penetrate & grow strategic customers where we may have an initial use case. While many of the contacts in these accounts have been software engineers & product managers, you will need to expand & build new relationships with senior line of business owners & executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to understand & uncover new opportunities where Twilio can help solve companys pains & challenges through communication workflows.
- Your goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies improve their overall customer engagement experience & meet their business objectives.
- You have 3-5 years of account management or solution selling of infrastructure and/or software/technology into Mid Market or Commercial segments at scale or Enterprise accounts.
- Knowledge in telecom, software development, & consulting is a plus.
- Be responsible for driving net new sales & revenue growth for Twilio's customer portfolio. Your territory includes a region of Twilios existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. You will have responsibility for incremental revenue growth & retention, new use cases & software adoption, & cross sell wilios new products.
- Establish a thorough understanding of your named account's business strategy & growth plans & develop, lead, & execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customers communication workflow & business outcomes.
- Strengthen & expand Twilios relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs) while expanding visibility & on-site Twilio presence at your accounts to build relationships across the company (including regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, & current & future business opportunities).
- Responsible for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, ISVs, Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Support, Product & Executive leadership) to build & execute account plans & strategies for each target account. These QBRs will include Twilio Sales & Executive management.
- Create a partnership with CSMs to proactively gather, analyze & leverage data on customer changes, industry trends & competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of closing SaaS experience.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable & thrive. We seek out people who live by ourvalues, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base & bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits & enterprise to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers & businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant & contextual by embedding messaging, voice & video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Bogot, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore & Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless ofrace, color, ancestry, religion,gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran statusand operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.