Vice Digital is looking for an Experienced Digital Producer with a passion for Comedy, Entertainment, & Pop Culture. We are looking for a producer who has experience in not only digital production, but also daily show production. As a digital producer you will be responsible for pitching new formats, executing shoots, overseeing edit, acquiring new talent, & meeting fast deadlines for our quick social content.
Must have 2+ years of experience Producing for Digital Media
Primary Responsibilities & Roles:
- Consistently pitching new formats & series/episode ideas with at least 1 fully thought out pitch being presented per week
- Consistently pitches new talent & other collaboration opportunities
- Work closely with coordinating, supervising producer, editorial, & host in development of ideas
- Excellent script writing & story producing skills & must be able to present a script & beat sheet for each piece prior to greenlight
- Must have a thorough grasp of proper fact checking procedures & ensure that all of their pieces are fact checked prior to delivery
- Produce/Publish 2-3 videos weekly (3-5 mins TRT)
- Provides updates & feedback in daily or weekly meetings on progress of production- must be able to communicate project status to coordinating, senior, or supervising producer at any given time
- Expertly manages time & can easily multi-task & manage multiple projects at once
- Maintain proper documentation for all projects, included but not limited to releases, contracts, call sheets, & invoices
- Responsible for working independently in all aspects of pre & post production including but not limited to: project planning; budgeting, crew booking, edit schedule, rights & clearance, legal, & publishing
- Responsible for ushering all projects through post production, rights & clearance review, & delivery/publishing- following VICE policies & guildelines for each
- Must adhere to edit & delivery schedules for all pieces
- Communicates to all relevant stakeholders (coordinator, coordinating producer, & supervising producer) when these dates can not be met
- Must have a thorough understanding of Journalistic Standards & Practices
- Maintain understanding of media landscapes every changing trends
- 4+ years of Digital Production experience
- Experience in Daily Show Production
- Experience in Comedy Production
- Comfortable with a Camera
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented
- Superb written & communications skills
- A true team player, with an ability to be flexible
- Professional, friendly demeanor with extremely strong organizational skills & high attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems with keen instincts & organizational experience
- Camera ability (C300m1, C300m2, FS7, FS5, A7S)
- Proficient in Premiere editing software
- Previous knowledge of the company & the overall digital media landscape
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.