Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, its crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $700B in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
About the Team:
The Proactive Chat team is part of a broad effort to drive the success & retention of professionals on Thumbtack. The Chat team supports pros across the whole spectrum of the pro lifecycle--from qualifying new pros for sales outreach to supporting new pros through account set up to influencing existing pros on product/feature adoption. The team assists new Thumbtack professionals through onboarding to ensure they are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers & then provides ongoing insights, advice & success management to ensure the professionals are reaching their goals & objectives continuously. Additionally, the team works closely with the product, category management, & the marketing team to design & execute targeted campaigns to new & established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role:
Were hiring a Proactive Chat Success Manager whose mission will be to continue to build & manage the chat team across both the Salt Lake & Philippines offices. The primary focus of the Chat Manager will be to build a strong, collaborate, & cohesive team, mentor & support the team members, ensure professional development & growth opportunities, & expand the vision & impact for the team. You will also work with our Philippines team & vendor to build additional capacity & capabilities that maintain the same high bar for quality & impact as we do domestically. You will work closely with the leadership team & other key stakeholders to continuously improve the pro chat journey & playbook & ensure you are continually identifying ways for the team to work smart & efficiently in all interactions with other departments & interactions with pros. You will work closely with the Success Insights & Campaign Manager to mobilize, run, & report on campaigns & will be an integral part of fulfilling the broader Success Teams core mission of powering self-made success.
What youll do:
- Day-to-day operational management of Chat Success Team (multi-site--PH & SLC)
- Continue to establish the operational infrastructure that will allow this team to scale
- Manage our PH vendor to maintain high quality, impact, & keep them up to date on all key product updates
- Collaborate with other internal departments at Thumbtack to identify areas of process/product/systems improvements in order for your team to work efficiently
- Create resources & share with team for continual improvement & daily reference; create opportunities for your team to collaborate & share best practices
- Maximize value of Chat channel by delivering quality conversations that drive meaningful impact in product adoption & pro retention/activation
- Aid in campaign design as it affects the chat channel
- Report & monitor chat performance metrics, identifying opportunities for improvement & sharing insights
- Lead & motivate team members to reach & exceed weekly & quarterly goals
- Foster a culture of #alwaysbeimproving through active, data-driven weekly 1:1s to ensure each team member feels supported, coached, engaged, & understand expectations so they can thrive & grow in their role at Thumbtack
- Participate in weekly quality insights calibrations with team leaders & coaches to identify performance gaps & identify training & process improvement needs to ensure agents are trained & appropriately coached
- Participate in problem-solving with your team & provide feedback & recommendations based on front-line experience with internal Thumbtack Teams
- Plan, manage & lead weekly & quarterly team meetings & activities
- Ensure that your team is aware of product updates & that they utilize the proper product feedback channels to effectively highlight user stories, pain points, & product feedback from pros
- Manage the hiring & onboarding of new team members
- Manage team work schedules, approve PTO requests, & manage Timesheets
- Play an active & essential role in initiatives & strategic planning activities with substantial potential impact for Thumbtack
- You embrace frequent change & appreciate constant iteration of approaches, strategies, & tactics. You respond willingly to the demands of the moment even if they pull you away from your plans
- You have good business judgment & the ability to step back from the weeds & look at the big picture & align & realign until you have arranged activities in the most productive configuration possible & figured out the best way to get things done
- You strive for constant improvement for yourself, your team & partners & create the opportunity to do so
- You have excellent communication & organizational skills
- You have a proactive attitude - driven to both learn new skills & improve current processes.
- You love to understand the why of what is driving results--you are intellectually curious
- You take ownership of your work, & you love learning, & developing new skill-sets & expertise
- You are biased towards action - youre excited to move fast, identify opportunities for improvement, & make an impact
- You are self-motivated, & you love to jump right in & dont need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You are a thoughtful partner - Make Each Other Better is one of our companys core values & one that you take to heart. You are excited about the idea of working collaboratively with the team & other departments to foster relationships & promote success across the organization
- Bachelor degree
- Between 2 - 4 years of experience managing large teams in a customer success, account management, sales, or customer support function
- Experience using Salesforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & agile environment building scalable & sustainable processes
- Highly organized & able to multitask
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving & communicating insights
- Ability to create basic reports in Google sheets & basic presentations in Google slides
- Strong ability to build & nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, & prioritize your time & efforts
- Patient & active listener
- Ability to work full time M-F (40 hrs)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.