BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. BuzzFeed covers breaking news, produces original video, & creates content that people consume & share on the web. Buzzfeed has offices in 18 cities around the world & more than 1000 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more.
Buzzfeeds massive cross-platform network includes: BuzzFeed Originals, which creates articles, lists, quizzes, & videos; BuzzFeed Media Brands, which comprises a portfolio of identity-driven lifestyle brands including HuffPost, Nifty, Goodful, As/Is, & Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; BuzzFeed Studios, which produces original content across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms; & BuzzFeed News, which includes world-class reporting & investigative journalism. The Company also includes BuzzFeed Commerce, which develops products & experiences, as well as licensing & other strategic partnerships.
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, & team happy hours. We're a lean but mighty group that supports hiring across News, Content, Tech, Admin, & Business. You'll report to our Director, Talent Acquisition, & work closely with the Recruiting & People teams at large, & maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company.
You're a hunter. You love the thrill of the chase. You're a seller, but you're not a "salesperson." BuzzFeed is looking for a Manager, Talent Acquisition to support full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally with a primary focus on our Content organization. In this role, you will also manage a recruiter & recruiting coordinator, & partner with Content leaders to continue to evolve our employment brand & attract diverse candidate pools. The Manager, Talent Acquisition will also play a key role in supporting our contingent workforce population & the teams that hire them. You will lead the contingent workforce recruiting strategy, recruitment, onboarding & be the primary point of contact for our contingent workers. You will also act as the primary point of contact throughout the freelancers interview & onboarding.
This position is located in our LA office (West Hollywood) & is open immediately (you're a recruiter, so you already knew you needed to move quickly!).
- Partner closely with hiring teams to build & execute effective sourcing, assessment, & closing of highly qualified diverse candidates across our industry
- Must be able to uniquely source passive candidates at all levels.
- Develop & drive sourcing strategies with a focus on long & short term pipeline building of diverse talent
- Deliver balanced diverse pipelines as well as actively network & establish positive relationships with diverse candidates & organizations
- Partner effectively with recruiting team peers & cross-functional partners (compensation, HR, systems & operations teams, etc.)
- Build & maintain a network of potential diverse candidates through proactive market research & on-going relationship management.
- Act as initial point of contact for managers hiring freelancers for the first time & help guide them through the hiring process
- Act as initial point of contact for freelancers during their interview & first week of onboarding
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement & provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify external organizations, local events & conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term & long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline & promote BuzzFeeds employment brand
- Support Content teams with the contingent workforce hiring process
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers social media presence on Twitter & Instagram
- 5+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a related industry
- Previous experience providing recruitment support for Social, Production, Content, or other similar creative roles
- Experience working with freelance/contingent workforce
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, & relevant sourcing messages & to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired & excited about BuzzFeed
- Empathetic approach to building relationships based in trust & transparency with candidates & hiring managers
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle & the ability to operate within each stage
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, & networking with candidates at all levels of an organization
- Passionate about diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
- Experience using features & reporting within an applicant tracking system (i.e. Greenhouse) is a huge plus
- A great story to tell us about the hardest candidate you've ever closed
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.