At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring. Lyft is growing fast & the complexity of the business & the organization is increasing. Reporting to the Head of LBS, the successful candidate will be a motivated & adaptable leader & will help our senior management team to build a healthy organization, set the right strategy & process, & drive our most critical cross-functional efforts. The is not a gatekeeper role, but an enabler for increased efficiency & structure. This position will focus on troubleshooting, paying attention to the daily needs of the growth organization, digging into the details of prioritized projects, & supporting the leadership team in driving our vision, strategy, day-to-day business management & roadmap.
Organization Efficiency + Scaling the Business
- Planning + Ongoing reviews
- Manage LBS Tech Executive group planning & cadence
- Strategy meetings, weekly syncs, Exec Staff meetings, follow ups, decision making, etc.
- Manage Reviews: decrease redundancy & increase efficiency, impact, decision making
- Create review cadence to LBS internal + build clear template/requirements for various review types (Product, business, functional)
- Manage review cadence with larger Tech Organization / Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Manage audience expectations & content requirements for reviews
- Company Planning: Manage semi-annual Tech Roadmap Planning process
- Build LBS communications plan & calendar, including:
- Team communications, readouts, status/goal/OKR update process
- LBS Executive communications
- Disseminating pertinent info to ELT/Executive comms & Core Tech leaders
- Increase communication & alignment of LBS with Core Tech executive group
- Build & multiply better communication across the organization - transparent, consistent, & relevant
- Organization improvement projects to scale the business
- Create headcount process that ties directly with People Ops, Recruiting Ops & HRIS plans
- Help revamp the Budget process from decision making to budget management. This includes top down & bottom up reconciliation process & timeline
- People Ops - Closely partner with People team & executives to: review career paths, solidify performance management processes to differentiate strong vs non-regrettable talent, help with hiring key roles
- Hiring Process improvements
- Review, analyze & strengthen top of funnel sourcing efforts with Recruiting
- Standardize processes to identify strong talent & filter weak talent within Product, Engineering, Science/Analytics
- Improve interview calibration & evaluation including debriefs, feedback loop to recruiting, & closing strong candidates for Product, Engineering, Science/Analytics
- Set the process to define an overall company & organization level strategies (Tech/Product/Ops/etc.)
- Drive definition & execution of 6 & 12 month goals for organization structure & talent
- Consolidate company level milestones + overlaps between organizations; highlight/resolve issues
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years experience in a combination of operations, product management, technology consulting, technology learning & development or an equivalent field.
- This role requires past experience in managing resourcing, staffing, learning & development, & organizational change directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis.
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, & ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive & his/her direct staff
- Highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.