Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Our growing design team is seeking a proven UX Writer that will lead in the scale, foundation, vision, building & optimization of the language in our digital products. You will lead in the crafting & setting the foundation of our user experience by creating clear, useful, guiding & friendly text that leads users, navigates, consumes information, completes tasks that effectively scales across any concerns related to this role. A proven UX writer that understands the depth of importance of effective UX writing in overall design systems & has a proven track record of developing voice & brand standards. Ability to work with across teams & key leaders in establishing the foundation & growth of UX writing.
At Compass You Will:
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for products across multiple platforms & touch points.
- Lead the UX writing for the company & establish proven foundation for future growth
- Act as a subject matter expert & point of contact for user experience writing with an emphasis on building, planning & executing plans that scale.
- Develop our brand voice & establish content standards across products & platforms.
- Create & continuously refine our UI & copy style guide as part of our design system.
- Provide content recommendations that include the right words & sometimes complementary data & images.
- Work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, & marketing.
- Write for different audiences (e.g., consumer, enterprise) & adapt your tone for the readers situation.
- Work with researchers to conduct user studies to test & optimize content over time.
- Provide thoughtful feedback on design & product decisions.
- Ability to focus on the platform so that the look & feel are intuitive & understanding of the language of real estate.
What We Look For:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a range of content & writing abilities, such as interaction flows/screens, emails, & styles guides that scale
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7+ years of experience writing or editing for web & mobile experiences
- Excellent writing, communication, & strategic skills that scale
- Native fluency in written & verbal English
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Familiarity with iOS & Android interface guidelines
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.