Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visitwww.refinery29.com,https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca,https://www.refinery29.com/en-gbandhttps://www.refinery29.com/de-defor more information & to browse content.
About the role:
The VP of Research & Insights will be responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, & leveraging research & analytics to inform senior management, internal leadership & key clients of Refinery29. The VP is a group thought leader, & is passionately dedicated to growing our intelligence expertise. This leader will develop, guide, & implement a strategy that defines the right approach to measurement, analysis & decisioning to reach our own & our clients business goals.
As the leader of audience & research experts, you will work with team members to hone & evolve their skills to maintain Refinery29 as an industry-wide expert on young women. The role will leverage qualitative/quantitative research to make business decisions regarding our clients & our own marketing investments & competitive intelligence.
Who You Are:
A successful candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, can engage clients in insights, & can drive strategic thinking into client marketing solutions. You have a deep experience in media research & a passion for media, entertainment & consumer insights. You have a creative mind, coupled with analytical expertise that enables the delivery of highly creative work that is informed by deep quantitative insights.
The VP will spend time on site with clients to gain deep insight into business needs, becoming trusted partners & advisors to senior client executives. You are a connector of people, data & technology. This person will Reporting to the Chief Technology & Product Officer & will lead multiple functional teams including R29i, our sales research team, & the Insights & Analytics team that supports web publishing & social metrics.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What Youll Do:
- Shape the global insights & research strategy & vision to determine Refinery29s unique approach to help clients solve their business needs.
- Lead a best-in-class publishing analytics team supporting our internal content teams
- Lead the development of Refinery29s data offerings & innovation approach.
- Play a key role in defining & executing Refinerys thought leadership offerings as a leader in the young womens marketing landscape
- Work with the CTPO to develop delivery capabilities, including including business intelligence, audience insights & research.
- Identify marketing science/data science research needs, & drive methodology enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to apply advanced analytics & data science, including predictive analytics, business intelligence & cognitive computing solutions to client problems.
- Build & develop powerful programming for R29 clients by guiding the best research approach through qualitative & quantitative consumer insights initiatives to provide expert guidance on brand performance.
- Have deep knowledge of & passion for the female millennial landscape.
- Provide expert counsel to both internal groups & external clients.
- Provide exceptional leadership, guidance & mentorship to the wider team.
What You Have:
- Experience including qualitative research, such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, & other qualitative methods.
- Experience leveraging advanced analytical techniques to build practical, data-driven solutions for improving business KPIs.
- Expert level knowledge of analytics platforms & other business intelligence tools.
- Strong management experience, including history of leading & growing multiple successful teams.
- Strong capability to work with multiple stakeholders & peers, & to adapt communication & management style to achieve overall collaboration.
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail