At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Market Operations Specialist to join our New Jersey team (NYC office). In this role, you will work on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers & riders in New Jersey. Were looking for an analytically minded individual with strong project management skills & a solution-oriented attitude who enjoys working in a fast, & sometimes ambiguous environment. If youre looking to join a collaborative team, if complex data sets make your heart flutter (in a good way), & if youre ready to make an impact in a critical market, we would love to meet you!
This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset & willingness to support wherever needed. One day you may be developing a strategy to improve the driver experience at airports & the next you may be hosting an event on the ground.
- Support the market by serving as the owner of various initiatives that will drive local impact
- Plan, launch, & support new initiatives for the local market; this includes owning the operational side of large events & venues, as well as finding & building partnerships with external stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, compliance & other teams to achieve lofty goals
- Analyze data, conduct research, & synthesize feedback into operational plans
- Uphold the Lyft standard of service while working with drivers, external partners, & cross-functional teams
- Roll up your sleeves & get stuff done. No one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you
- Bachelors degree or relevant work experience
- Experience: 3+ years in strategy, business operations, consulting, investment banking, venture capital, or an equivalent field. You have a healthy balance of analytical, project management, & interpersonal skills
- Quantitative thinker: Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel (SQL is a plus!), & have experience building forecast models & analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions
- Strong problem solver: You effectively, creatively, & quickly solve complex problems. No problem is too big or too small; you love getting your hands dirty & have a talent for juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed & organized: Youre comfortable with ambiguity, have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail, & effectively prioritize multiple competing workflows; You know when to ask for support & you approach your work with a seize-the-day attitude; you know how to turn a mess into a process - & you love doing so
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, & willing to help out wherever needed; you support your team in brainstorming & always keep stakeholders up to date through your world-class verbal & written communication skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.