CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies & digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system & the future of money. Our vision is to be the most influential, trusted media platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system & the emerging crypto economy.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top quality journalism, events & data, creating a community for millions of users. Wed love for you to join us if youre willing to take on new challenges & immerse yourself in a world of creative, forward-thinking individuals.
CoinDesk is looking for video interns to work amongst its global editorial team. Video interns should have an understanding of quality journalism & be creative & visually-focused storytellers ready to immerse themselves into the operations of a media website at the center of a fundamental transformation in the global economy, fueled by the rise of cryptocurrency, blockchain, & digital assets.
Video interns will be exposed to many parts of the CoinDesk machine, including writing & producing many different kinds of stories: trending news, evergreen explainers, & original reporting. Senior editors & CoinDesk TV producers will guide & mentor video interns on the ins & outs of our 24-hour global newsroom, getting experience with pitching stories, finding & interviewing sources, storytelling across platforms, & creating videos for social media.
This internship lasts from June 7 to August 27.
- Work with show producers to brainstorm, pitch, book & produce editorially sound, visually compelling original video segments for CDTV (live or taped programs)
- Source & edit video & graphic pre-production elements for live & taped shows on CoinDesk TV
- Post-production work includes writing SEOd headlines & descriptions for VOD & publish videos to CMS
- Curate & manage playlists on CoinDesk.com video landing pages
- Embed VOD content in related articles
- Work in coordination with social media team to promote videos as needed
- Help CDTV Booking Producer research stories & coordinate production logistics & schedule interviews for video stories
- Assist in organizing footage & transcribing video interviews
- Edit down interviews & assist on shoots
- Assist in shooting & editing various video content (including webinars, events, marketing promos etc.)
- Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
What Youll Learn:
- How to identify content opportunities & go from idea to final live broadcast & video-on-demand product
- Video editing techniques for both speed & quality
- Producing techniques for the field & in-studio, including planning, storyboarding, interviewing, sourcing, attending events & research
- Newsroom workflow, including CMS training, image sourcing, collaborating with editors on stories
- Communication across other teams such as research, events, social media/audience development
- Strong interest in business, finance, global economics, particularly the people & ideas behind digital assets, cryptocurrency & blockchain technology
- Exceptional writing skills & proven work in and/or outside the classroom
- Passion for visual storytelling
- Strong working knowledge & experience editing with Adobe Premiere; experience with After Effects & Illustrator a plus
- Experience shooting with high-quality DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Nikon)
- Familiarity with online Content Management Systems (Wordpress)
- Social media savvy
- Excited by challenges & easily adapt to changing circumstances
- Detail oriented & clear communicator
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to perform & thrive under deadline pressure