Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This position is for a Test Automation Engineer (Backend) in the Bioinformatics team who will focus on developing Automation framework for testing data analysis pipeline that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples & analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw.
You will be a critical part of a world-class bioinformatics software test team, improving & building product quality as early in the product development as possible. In this role, you will solve complex software engineering & automation problems. You'll need to have excellent communication & cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies & have experience building test automation tools/frameworks such as integration with external tools, data management, & CI/CD maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop in-house or adopt, & implement automation tools & framework to support backend application layer testing, integration testing & integration with tools like JIRA, JAMA.
- Collaborate with software developers & test team to gather automation requirements, identify appropriate tools & execute proof of concept before rolling out for wider use.
- Use advanced knowledge of software systems & software testing to identify, evaluate, & resolve complex test problems including complex test environments, software integration, & data management.
- Define best practices to implement, maintain, build, & support Test automation framework initiatives
- Collaborate with test team to define & drive testing standardization effort
- Continuously drive to expand & optimize current automated test case & Test automation framework
- Optimize, troubleshoot & stabilize various existing automation tests across all product lines.
- Coach & mentor individual team members on test automation best practices & maintenance.
- Maintain a high-quality bar in a complex & constantly evolving workspace
- Help to build & foster good engineering practices & processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more
- Must have 4+ experience with scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Bash, & Linux commands.
- Must have 4+ experience writing test automation scripts using testing tools like Robot Framework.
- Must have experience using/integrating with Agile tools such as JIRA & test management tools like JAMA or similar.
- Must have 2+ experience working & testing Docker based applications.
- Must have 2+ experience working with CI/CD in AWS enviroment.
- Must have 2+ experience with relational databases preferred.
- Strong analytical/communication skills, capable of uncovering anomalies in robust software.
- Strong understanding of test methodologies (such as performance, load, stress, functional, regression, unit, etc.)
- Software testing for complex medical device systems preferred.
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related science field
- Knowledge & experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Experience working with bioinformatics/ data-analysis software.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs