Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian is growing & so is our Data Integrations squad! Our team is improving & expanding our core integration capabilities to offer our customers increasing possibilities in a low-code environment. We are looking for brilliant engineering leaders like yourself to build out & expand our integration services. This is a servant/leader role so you should be comfortable (and excited) to be coding up to 50% of the time.
Building a platform forces us to think abstractly, & write code that will work & scale no matter the shape or source of the customer's data. That makes for more interesting & challenging design problems.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience designing & implementing code that connects highly available & mission critical interoperable systems.
- Care personally about fostering a culture of learning, growth, & career development for software engineers.
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills that allow you to genuinely connect with people.
- Skilled at producing secure & robust code, especially leveraging industry best practices & standards such as OAuth & SAML
- Ability to consistently produce efficient & elegant code in Java or other object-oriented languages in a timely manner.
- Passion for tackling & solving complex problems involving high-performant interoperable systems.
- Flexibility & openness to work with different tools, technologies, & people.
- Initiative to identify & seize areas of opportunity.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- An on-boarding program that will provide hands-on experience with our platform, & the processes & technologies we use in the Engineering department.
- Our team works primarily with Java, Git, Locust, Docker, Kubernetes, & Helm; while also having the autonomy to use other technologies as needed to accomplish our goals more effectively.
- Personal Indie Time (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want) & annual hackathons that provide opportunities for growth & leadership, which are activities that inspire others & get creative juices flowing.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years in software development.
- 2+ years as a mentor or manager.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.