Senior Corporate Counsel
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank serving the needs of people who have been overlooked by traditional banks & one of the fastest growing fintechs with over two million members. Our core mission is to improve peoples financial outcomes. We have assembled an incredible team from top companies in the U.S who bring a wealth of knowledge within their domains. Our unique results-driven environment empowers us to build products faster than our competitors & everyone on our team owns their own outcomes.
About the role:
We are looking for a senior corporate counsel to join as the inaugural member of our legal team. In this role you will work closely with colleagues across multiple internal teams on a wide range of corporate matters & represent the company in dealings with external stakeholders. You will support our ambitious product roadmap & have an immediate impact on the growth of the company.
- Advise internal business teams on a variety of legal topics pertaining to financial products, vendor agreements, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property security & the general legal framework for developer inhouse ecosystems
- Draft, review & negotiate contracts
- Work with compliance team on regulatory issues
- Build influential relationships with Leadership & product teams
- Handle corporate governance matters, including Board materials, consents, minutes, & manage internal processes & policies
- JD degree
- 7-12 years (minimum) of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Strong knowledge of & interest in disruptive technology, financial services, or security; prior experience working in fintech or digital payments a plus.
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, & accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative legal mind with an interest in innovation
- Exceptional communication skills & a track record of creating strong & trusted cross-functional relationships.
- Proactive personality & eagerness to learn about the business, the industry, & new areas of the law
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, Dental & Vision premiums covered at 100% for you & your dependents.
- Commuter Benefits