Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada is hiring a Medical Director of Clinical Informatics to support critical clinical product development in the areas of data interoperability & platform integration. With the addition of diabetes, hypertension, MSK, & mental health to our portfolio, as well as deepening integrations with health systems & payers, we are looking for an internist or family medicine physician with additional fellowship training or experience in informatics. Your day-to-day will include supervising product development as well as supporting sales & marketing in communicating the value of our programs. This position reports to Omadas Senior Director of Clinical Product & Quality & can be either remote or San Francisco-based.
You are passionate about applications of health behavior change to cardiometabolic disease & comorbid conditions. You have formal training in clinical informatics (fellowship and/or Board Certification) or experience with health IT in an operations role. You also carry content expertise in the clinical management of cardiometabolic disease & related comorbidities. You work well with diverse teams. And most importantly, you are creative & love to think strategically about providing care at scale in new ways.
- Work side-by-side with our product & engineering teams to guide critical clinical product (EHR) development & EHR integration efforts
- Join late-stage conversations with clients & partners to showcase program capabilities & explain the scientific premise of our programs.
- Oversee development of clinical training for commercial & product team members
- Stay current on cardiometabolic & associated comorbidities to leverage proven techniques to enhance program engagement & outcomes.
- MD, DO, or equivalent Doctoral degree in Medicine
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Fellowship in Health Informatics or Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics, or minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of EHR/EMR systems & associated applications, technical processes & workflows that support use within clinical & research settings
- Experience with extracting, curating, & analyzing data created within the HIT & healthcare delivery ecosystem (e.g., EHR, claims, registry) to support clinical informatics & research informatics; this may include knowledge of the roles of data exchange & content standards (e.g., FHIR, CDA, CQL) & clinical terminology standards (e.g., ICD, CPT, LOINC, SNOMED-CT, NDC, RxNorm)
- Experience with the design, implementation, and/or evaluation of clinical decision support tools, electronic care plans, or other applications
- Stellar leadership, project management, written, & oral communication skills.
- Board-certification in Clinical informatics
- A masters degree such as an MPH, MS or equivalent in epidemiology/biostatistics, clinical informatics, public health, healthcare management, business, or health policy.
- Prior sales experience or medical affairs
- Prior digital health industry experience.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, & health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, & depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, & curriculums tailored to an individuals specific conditions & circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omadas partners include major employers across the country, including Costco & Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna & Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.