Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Provider Lifecycle manages Oscar's ability to expand in new markets, build efficient networks, credential the right providers, & represent the data that powers our provider directory while allowing downstream operations. We design & improve operations in our team using both technology & process-based solutions to allow Oscar's scale to provide a seamless member & provider experience
You will have end-to-end oversight for the design, improvement & implementation of operational processes that allow us to build & service provider data for all of Oscar's business purposes. You will create & work on provider data management strategies that support all clients; & ensure efficient design in the solutions of contract implementation, enrollment, credentialing/re-credentialing, maintenance & provider directory accuracy. You will support design of collection, sourcing & ingesting provider data ensuring the right level of integrity in accord with all state, federal & accreditation guidelines. You & your team will do this by working with partners across Insurance Operations, product, engineering, service operation & other Oscar teams to take your ideas from vision to implementation.
You will report to the Director, Insurance Operations. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Develop a motivated team of managers & their reports
- Provide structure & support for your team, allowing them to keep their focus on delivering projects
- Work with technical partners to achieve the next generation of health insurance operations
- Trusted partner to our Insurance organization & sales partners, allowing delivery of growth & expansion targets
- Develop & reengineer foundational processes for scaling our provider data, credentialing & contracting & network operations while summarizing the complexity of our data & operations into clear explanations
- Lead team to surface data, process, & technology issues through identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations; partner to develop end-to-end strategy that uses these insights to grow
- Manage team strategy including quarterly goal setting & multi-year roadmap
- Support your team & leadership by guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- A bachelor's degree or 4 years of operations experience
- 8+ years of work in health plan operations, health insurance, data analysis or network operations/provider data management.
- 5+ years of experience developing operational teams
- Experience developing project plans coordinating with all partners
- Experience designing & improving workflows & standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert in Excel & Google Sheets
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience with claims processing
- Basic understanding with an ability to grow learning in SQL
- Health insurance experience
- Knowledge of experience with system implementation to support core operations of a health plan insurer.
- Knowledge of network data, provider data model & data management principles.
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.