Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are looking for engineering leaders to help us with our mission by leading & growing our Atlanta-based engineering teams.
Our teams are responsible for enabling Omadas growth & adaptability through building independent services with tightly scoped, domain-appropriate responsibilities. We implement new features to be robust & scalable, supporting efforts toward platform extensibility & interoperability, all while helping our health coaches drive successful health outcomes for our program participants.
In this role, you will be not just a manager, you will also be team lead, contributing code alongside the people you hire. (The expectation is that you will be writing code about 50% of the time.)
You will have freedom to innovate & build the team you want, from the ground up. You will work closely with our partners to see the big picture, & figure out novel ways to deliver the results. The ideal candidate is an individual with exceptional leadership skills & hands-on experience in building information-rich, intuitive, user-centered applications.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration & openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective & that teamwork & respect for one another lead to superior results.
- Lead the development of Omadas digital health platform
- You will create a plan to continue building & scaling our platform one piece at a time, supporting our ability to deliver a personalized experience to program participants & empower our health coaches to deliver timely & effective interventions.
- You will lead a team of software engineers to execute against that plan, owning the teams technical strategy & roadmap.
- Grow & manage a high-performance Engineering team
- You will partner with our Recruiting team to hire the best talent.
- You will mentor & guide the professional & technical development of team members.
- You will establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in critical areas, including SLA management, systems reliability, & developer productivity.
- You will establish & own key performance metrics in close collaboration with Engineering & Product leadership.
- Youll build cross-functional relationships with software engineers, product managers, data scientists, & technical program managers to understand stakeholder needs, & deliver on those needs.
- Drive pan-engineering initiatives as an Engineering leader
- You will work with the Engineering Leadership team to develop new initiatives & improve existing processes across the entire engineering organization, including data quality & system observability.
- Youll work with Engineering & Product Leadership to continuously reduce technical debt & make improvements in our systems.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Strong awareness of the various technologies & tools used in building & maintaining a service-oriented architecture
- Communication & leadership skills, with the ability to initiate & drive projects proactively
- Solid project management skills
- Solid understanding of computer science & software engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning & growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, & application of new technologies & best practices
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, & a desire to influence the products being built
- Love of mentorship & experience developing people & teams through coaching, mentoring, & feedback
- Solid skills with application frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Spring, Akka, etc.
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing in a services-oriented and/or event-driven architecture
- Experience with Amazon SQS/SNS
- Familiarity with containers & orchestration technologies such as Docker & Nomad
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- Healthy snacks & meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- 401k retirement savings plan
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Weve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, & obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, & design to inspire & enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Companys 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, our team includes passionate & talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco & Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente & Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.