Eave is looking for a wide range of software engineers to fix the mortgage industry for millions of homebuyers. Youll join an experienced engineering team that's building the industrys most sophisticated mortgage technology platform from scratch.
Eave by Homelight is a digital mortgage lender empowering todays homebuyer. We offer simple, transparent home loans that enable all creditworthy buyers to be treated like cash buyers. Were rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from the ground up using our powerful, automated technology. With Eave, homebuyers are fully underwritten in just 24 hours, providing cash-like certainty. Even better? We save our clients thousands of dollars & weeks of frustration.
In May 2019, Eave joined forces with Homelight to help 100,000s of home buyers, sellers & realtors across the country. Together, were empowering people to achieve the best outcome when buying or selling real estate.
For every mortgage that Eave provides, Eave builds a home for a family in need in India. Your work will help millions of families improve their lives.
What gets you excited
- Overturning archaic orthodoxies in the largest area of our economy
- Building an automated process so that individuals are rapidly, scalably underwritten to their true creditworthiness without human intervention
- Solving emotional pain points for millions of people, which waste extraordinary amounts of time & money
- Fixing real-world problems elegantly, versus with the most technologically advanced solution
- Clear communication & collaboration w/ engineering & operations to eliminate error & wasted dev cycles
- Using your past experience building software from pre-product to fast growth to help your colleagues learn & grow
Languages / fullstack functionality expertise
- Statically-typed languages or languages specifically designed for data processing & rules engines (we use golang)
- Experience with React, CSS, & Yarn/NPM
- Integration to third parties (json/XML APIs, JWT, OAuth)
- Bias towards open-source tools vs. bespoke in-house builds
- Experience working with domain experts to understand problems, develop business requirements, & turning those requirements into functional, maintainable, well-tested software
Our Promise to You
Your potential to help achieve our mission & shared goals is the only thing that matters, not pre-defined academic or past employer stereotypes.
You will succeed at Eave if you:
- Are constantly curious
- Prefer rapid iteration
- Never settle for the status quo
- Enjoy helping others succeed
- Value feedback
- Embrace change