Were looking for product designers in NYC to help change the future of medicine.
Note: This role is based at our NYC HQ; however, our office is closed through June 2021.
Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.
Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs over $1B -- & over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster & more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.
Join us in building a tech platform that changes the way physicians, researchers, & patients work together to advance medical research.
As a product designer at TrialSpark, you may find yourself working on products that:
- Enable researchers & physicians to run patient visits & collect data about drug safety & efficiency
- Are used to design the forms & medical content used for data collection
- Guide patients through the process of deciding whether or not to participate in a trial
- Enable clinical experts to review & analyze clinical trial data
Your responsibilities will include:
- Shaping & executing against the vision for your product area alongside your PM & engineering counterparts
- Conducting discovery with users & stakeholders to shape project design briefs
- Leading an iterative design process from low to high fidelity, using prototypes to drive hypothesis-testing with users & stakeholders
- Working with PM & engineering counterparts to prioritize build scope & ensure high-quality delivery
- Contributing to the design team through thoughtful feedback & proactive improvement of team processes, patterns, & systems
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of professional product design experience
- Have experience bringing new products or significant features from discovery through launch & iteration
- Have experience in product design for B2B products, productivity/communication tools, or internal tools
- Have experience in-house working agilely & collaboratively with PMs & engineers
- Are proficient in Figma or similar
- Are self-organized with your time & work, & seek out resources to accomplish projects & navigate ambiguity
- Are investigative & inquisitive about product goals from a company, industry, & user perspective, fostering a learning culture both within the design team & the larger organization (No prior healthcare experience is required, but you are excited to learn about science, medicine, data, & regulation!)