As a Senior Software Engineer on our Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for the fully automated develop/build/test/deploy system that Appian uses to manage its development of its core automation stack, especially its bleeding-edge RPA & ML offerings. You will work directly with the development team to assess & prioritize the current & upcoming needs of the organization, design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our development lifecycle, & maintain, troubleshoot & fix issues that impede our teams progress.
What youll be doing:
- Managing, configuring & enhancing our infrastructure, especially our CI/CD pipelines for RPA & ML features, using GitLab, Terraform, Jenkins, & custom tooling
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes & Docker, & designing & building new infrastructure features to increase product quality, decrease cycle time, & improve developer efficiency
- Automating infrastructure updates as dependent technologies evolve & scale (JDK, Python, application container baselines)
- Influencing the technology roadmap in support of our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle
- Enabling & supporting downstream teams to do DevSecOps well
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering & trends including CI, CD & Blue-Green Deployment
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS, & both Windows & Linux environments
- Experience designing & building software or software systems in an enterprise software or SaaS/PaaS environment
- Strong working knowledge of prevalent build & automation languages, such as Gradle, GitLab YAML & Bash/PowerShell
- A knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & strong oral & written communication skills
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.