We rely on our DevOps team to build, monitor & maintain our critical development, staging & production environments. Databases are a critical part of each system & were looking for a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to join the team. In a role like this, experience across a range of relational & non-relational databases is a huge asset. Youll be working closely with all of our Engineering teams & the multitude of databases they rely on. Your ability to offer both guidance & technical expertise as a subject matter expert in order to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres what we want:
Technical: A strong foundation in data backup, database standards, performance tuning, data modeling, & database security. Significant time spent as a DBA & a foundation in Computer Science/Engineering is an absolute must; relevant certifications are highly desirable
Facilitator: Its essential that you can relay information & ideas effectively both within & across different teams - you will be the go-to resource for everything DB related
Proactive: The systems you build & oversee are absolutely critical & require a high degree of attention - be proactive in how your approach production issues, monitoring & escalations
Heres what youll be doing:
- Build, care & feed both relational & non-relational databases including but not limited to Mongo, Cassandra, Aerospike, MySQL, Postgres, Hbase & more
- Design & implement databases in accordance to end-users information needs & views, as well as study & optimize existing database configurations
- Determine, enforce & document database policies, procedures & standards
- Minimise database downtime & manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitor database performance, implement changes & apply new patches & versions when required
- Act as the DB expert across Engineering. Lead learning & mentoring sessions around key technologies related to the role
Why youll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.