Peloton, the leading interactive fitness platform that pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, is looking for a hardworking communicator with experience working on enterprise IT & cybersecurity products, brands, or issues. The Manager, Tech & Security Communications, will partner with Pelotons enterprise & security teams to tell positive stories about Pelotons internal systems, security & IT executives, & subject matter authorities. A successful team member will have a keen understanding of the enterprise technology & cybersecurity media landscape & have a solid understanding of industry trends & thought leadership topics.
This role would be responsible for crafting PR plans, securing & managing speaking engagements for leadership & other key spokespeople across the companys enterprise IT & security teams, writing (press releases, blog posts, product messaging & executive talking points), reactive communications to support any security response issues, & developing compelling stories to articulate Pelotons advancements in enterprise IT technology & security to position Peloton as a technology leader & the best place to work in tech.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, this role will be part of a global communications team & regularly collaborate with communications colleagues in Canada, the UK, Germany, & Australia, employer brand & recruitment team members, as well as senior leaders on Pelotons enterprise & security teams including Pelotons CIO & head of security.
Experience building proactive communications & storytelling programs, media relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, & content development skills are required. This person is encouraged to manage relationships with key media, bloggers, & influencers, be familiar with relevant enterprise technology & security-focused conferences & events, & should be highly organized, upbeat, & collaborative.The ideal candidate will be able to be a trusted partner & work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or a common goal.
- Plan & execute enterprise tech & security PR plans & strategy
- Proactively identify industry trends & devise compelling stories that show Pelotons leadership in enterprise technology
- Identify & coordinate speaking opportunities to increase visibility for the enterprise & security organization
- Help technical teams relay security issues to press & Peloton Members
- Understand, field questions, & communicate information regarding cybersecurity incidents & incident response, as well as day-to-day technical efforts
- Build & maintain relationships with relevant technology media & influencers to educate them about Pelotons products
- Write & edit press materials including press releases, blog posts, announcements, bylines, pitches
- Work with vendors, partners, external security researchers to tell joint stories at events & in the press when appropriate
- Proven media & influencer relationships in the technology sector, & the media placements to prove it.
- Outstanding interpersonal, project management & prioritization skills. Unfazed by constant change.
- A collaborative, open attitude & a history of working in & leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills (writing samples required) with a knack for simplifying sophisticated topics & technologies.
- 6+ years of tech PR experience, either agency or in-house
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.