As our Director of Acquisition Marketing, you will develop & own our acquisition marketing strategy at a time of hyper growth. Were seeking someone analytically minded, with passion for introducing consumers to products that will make their lives better. You will oversee strategy, execution, optimization, & analysis to build a scalable business, continuously maximizing the current programs, & testing & scaling new efforts. To be successful in this role you will be both curious, creative, & hands-on. Well look to you to be data savvy & a successful collaborator, bringing data to your narratives to influence our growth.
This role is remote eligible. We are hiring in all states except CO.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop & own the acquisition marketing strategy, including a multi-million dollar budget for our direct-to-consumer business line
- Set annual & quarterly OKRs for the team, & track results on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis to provide insight into sales/revenue targets & ensure we are spending money wisely
- Oversee all media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, researching new areas of media, creative, & messaging to increase spend efficiency
- Manage & mentor acquisition team members, & drive a culture of continual analysis, testing, experimentation, & optimization
- Collaborate with & complement the work of our full Marketing Team (CRM, Brand, PR, Product Marketing, & Content) to ensure were achieving maximum results
- Build strategic & trusted relationships across the organization, particularly with Design, Analytics, Finance, & Product, as we think about adequate resourcing & support of our initiatives
- Partner with agencies & other external partners, negotiating to get the most for our investment & building strong long-term relationships
What Were Looking For:
- More than a few years of experience in performance marketing, as well as an understanding of & appreciation for how performance marketing & brand-building initiatives work together
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data-informed decision making
- Experience efficiently scaling both digital (e.g. SEM, Display, Paid Social, Affiliate) & offline (e.g. TV, podcasts, direct mail, out-of-home) marketing channels
- Success in managing agencies & other external partners to receive optimal value
- Comprehensive people management skills; the ability to lead at an empathetic, high EQ organization
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.