Manager, Strategy & Business Operations, Direct Channel
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the #1 US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments, & Tao Capital, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, & biotechand were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Commercial Programs team at JUUL is a fast-growing internal incubator of consumer-centric initiatives designed to support adult smokers make the switch away from combustible cigarettes - & maintain it. We look for extremely talented business leaders who can think strategically while passionately rolling up their sleeves & working cross-functionally to get things done.
Strategy & Business Operations sits at the core of the Commercial Programs team - the group is responsible for developing & implementing new programs to accelerate the growth of the business. One of those programs is Direct Channel, an umbrella of growth initiatives that focus on directly engaging smokers in 1:1 conversations about the benefits of switching to JUUL curated to their unique smoking experience & creating the opportunity to make the switch on the spot.
As the first hire for the Direct Channel team, the Manager will play an integral role in designing the program, launching & measuring the success of multiple pilots, & developing the strategy to scale a Direct Channel for JUUL.
An ideal candidate will have stellar professional experience across:
- Go-to-market: Experience developing & executing integrated sales & marketing plans to activate or engage consumers. Can marry creativity with data-driven consumer insights.
- Field marketing, strategic partnerships, or direct sales: Experience developing, managing, or growing field marketing, brand ambassador, or direct sales programs. Comfortable working with & directing external stakeholders (e.g., ad agency, corporate partners)
- Cross-functional project management: Track record of execution in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.To-do list master. Natural ability to bring people together. Inspires his or her partners to deliver, even without a direct reporting relationship.
- Business case development: Can communicate a clear & compelling strategic & financial rationale for his or her programs. Experience creating persuasive & polished executive-level output.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business development, sales strategy, or brand marketing
- Experience in CPG/FMCG, consumer electronics, or regulated industries a plus
- Comfort & natural ability to collaborate heavily with cross functional partners & stakeholders
- Superior analytical & problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- High degree of organization, efficiency, & proven ability to manage deadlines
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility & character
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced Degree a plus, but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow in your careerwe are rapidly scaling, & you will have the opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility very quickly
- Supportive team members & managers
- Fully stocked snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Generous referral bonus program
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity & gender expression, disability or veteran status.