WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 250 in just over eight years.
The mission of Core Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all member products & services will run. We are building a backbone for all technical applications at WeWork. Few are more fundamental than resource allocation of physical space, digital goods, & services. As a Software Engineer on the Resource Calendar team, you will build the core services defining how & when these resources are allocated.
- Build, manage, & scale a common Resource Calendar service for management of time bounded allocations
- Integrate calendar systems with WeWork core experiences such as physical access control, services & goods purchase
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of data infrastructure models: RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph DBs, K/V Stores
- Experience with data-heavy large-scale distributed systems
- Experience building APIs for a rapidly iterating product
- Experience designing Microservices platform
- Data modeling & query optimization expertise
Nice to have
- Expertise or familiarity with geo partitioning schemes
- Direct experience with calendaring, scheduling, or events systems