CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you your fingerprints, your face, your eyes into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, & where shopping is as easy as walking in & out of a storewithout ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports & venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
The Employment Counsel position at CLEAR will be responsible for all functions related to employmentlaw for both our national HQ & our field operations team of more than 1,300 employees. This positionwill report directly to & work closely with our General Counsel. You will have the opportunity to set a visionand the chance to execute on it.This position will be based at our NYC Headquarters.
What You Will Do:
- Set a vision for CLEARs employment law function, collaborating with our HR team andleadership team to advise on the full range of employment law issues.
- Advise & lend expertise on hiring, performance management, compliance, benefits, and, ifnecessary, investigations.
- Proactively identify, investigate, & resolve employee relations matters to help make CLEAR anexcellent place to work & an employer of choice.
- Service as trusted advisor to leadership team to develop proactive strategies that address anytrends/root causes identified by employee relations metrics.
- Develop & implement HR policies, practices, & procedures. Ensure adherence to companypolicies & compliance with current & pending legal regulations. Including field visits.
- Contribute to employee benefits & compensation programs.
- Manage any potential litigation relating to HR.
Who You Are:
- You have focused your career on employment law because you are passionate about it.
- You enjoy working directly with non-lawyers to minimize & resolve issues quickly andeffectively.
- You want responsibility & autonomy to solve problems.
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to businesspartners.
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintainingintegrity & confidentiality.
- You have superior knowledge & understanding of local, state & federal employment laws andcan manage any legal issues that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- 6-8 years of experience at a law firm or in house
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leadersand frontline team members alike