KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Senior Embedded Software Architect
Exciting & important opportunity for the right person to join Katerras systems engineering & product development team as Senior Embedded Software Architect. This is a hands-on, highly visible opportunity in a rapidly growing & evolving company with lots of room to grow! We are seeking a person with 10+ years demonstrated experience with embedded systems design & architecture development for any array of embedded devices. Initially the candidate will be involved in implementing a HVAC-related, UI-rich, control device (thermostat), but will be involved in several of our advanced building solutions devices. Katerra is breaking new ground & revolutionizing the building & construction industry with innovative products & processes. Come see what we are up to & help us build the next great company of our time!
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Architect, design & deliver complex software platforms running on lower-powered SoC embedded systems
- Participate as a key individual coding contributor on a significant portion of an embedded system
- Participate as a subject matter expert in software design technologies, approaches & implementation for embedded systems
- Perform technical analysis of product features, recommending best-practice technical solutions
- On-going interaction with applicable development teams to ensure the architectural vision is being appropriately implemented
- Participate in the product definition, especially around the aspects of the embedded components, attempting to resolve ambiguity into concrete technical proposals
- Contribute to employee-oriented companyculture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement,high performance, in a rapidly growing & evolving environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of software development experience, with at least 7+ years of demonstrable experience in implementing software solutions on embedded systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Deep experience with embedded frameworks, including Linux, Android, FreeRTOS or other various RTOSes
- Deep experience with C, C++ & Java
- Experience with embedded graphical tool kits, such as Qt, uGFX or others, or with using graphical primitives
- Experience implementing fluid UIs in embedded, resource-constrained devices
- Experience implementing human-machine-interface controls, such as rotary dials
- Experience linking embedded systems with UI & cloud control
- Experience working with various SoC chipset vendors, evaluating board design considerations & performing proof-of-concept breadboard implementation
- Experience with debugging kernel, OS & application software via both user-level IDE & hardware-based JTAG interfaces
- Experience with connectivity & interfacing with various sensors, radios & other add-on devices
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The job is primarily performed in a basic corporate office & lab environment. Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms & hands, climb or balance, & to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision. The employee will occasionally be required to travel & work in customer or 3rd party lab environments interfacing with sophisticated test equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, & equipment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.