As a member of the Finance Products team, your primary responsibility will be to oversee the data that powers our Finance teams while also providing strategic reporting on core business events related to the customer lifecycle. The data sets, pipelines, & tools that you will be expected to build are mission-critical for the overall direction of our products. Additionally, you will be joining a team where continuous learning & development will be a big part of the day-to-day culture. You will also be collaborating with & providing crucial data to our Data Science teams. You will report to the Team Manager in our New York City headquarters.
You'll Get To..
- Build & maintain data processing services built with Airflow.
- Write, test & review complex SQL queries & stored procedures for Postgres.
- Write, test & review data pipelines powered by Python, Kafka, Google cloud storage, Bigquery & Looker.
- Continuously improve our system, tests, & Data Quality Indicators.
- Stay knowledgeable about the ever changing technology landscape.
- Work with the team to guide technical & architectural changes.
- Be a technical leader, mentor, & encourage the technical growth of your teammates.
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of data engineering experience in data modeling, storage, security, & retrieval.
- Experience writing, testing, & reviewing microbatch or streaming ETL pipelines with relational databases & distributed systems.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL & programming languages such as Python, Java.
- Experience with a workflow manager Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, etc.
- Able to understand technical details & communicate with other engineers, as well as communicate with less technical finance & data science stakeholders.
- Data system design & ETL experience with technologies such as Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, MongoDB.
- Experience working with data tools in the Google cloud environment.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.