Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about using data to drive change.
DigitalOcean has one of the worlds largest communities that supports the developer experience & education, & amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members engage with thousands of tutorials, guides, Q&A & other forms of content that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOceans community site inspires & empowers millions of people across the globe each month, & we are seeking a motivated, data-driven & results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about Content Analytics.
This person will be an advocate for our users in creating a high-quality platform experience that improves the overall service. To succeed, our Community site & related content must provide value to users whether theyre currently reading, discovering, inactive or just starting with the service. Its a big challenge, & the role comes with an incredible opportunity for impact. In this critical role, partnering with other teams, you will help define how we optimize our content strategy & the lifecycle experience of our users on the Community site through strategic data analysis. We are looking for an analyst who is comfortable using data to help develop priorities & assess results while also demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs & wants & an ability to engage with stakeholders with actionable insights.
What youll be doing:
- Owning the data story for the Community site & conducting analysis to define strategies that directly impact the product & content roadmaps
- Advising Community & Content colleagues of growth opportunities as determined by the data
- Translating company goals into metrics for the content & community teams, as well as designing dashboards to measure progress against those metrics
- Supporting operations (e.g. segmentation, targeting) & measuring the effectiveness of experiments or initiatives such as innovative content types, deeper interactivity on the Community site, & more
- Collaborate closely with data/BI, product, engineering & other marketing stakeholders to define data requirements
- Communicating results to various stakeholders (partners, collaborators, & executives)
What Well Expect From You:
- Hands-on proven experience in Content or Product analytics
- Excel & SQL a must; Looker, A|B testing, Segment & Google Analytics experience preferred
- Strong analysis skills You love to tell stories with numbers & use data to inform strategy
- Experience juggling multiple projects You can easily manage multiple projects at once & are able to work in a fast-paced, autonomous role
- Excellent communication skills Whether it is data visualization or presenting results, you can easily share the key takeaways with executives, peers or customers.
- You can transition seamlessly between strategic level planning & detail-oriented execution
- Technical background or experience a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!