Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our design team is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, & portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for a passionate & influential leader to join our team as the Director of Marketing Design leading design for Mailchimp.com. The ideal person is a team promoter, mentor, people manager & advocate of design culture. You should have a strong creative design background & experience developing marketing campaigns.
What youll do here:
- Lead the internal & external marketing design teams
- Partner with cross functional directors to prioritize & schedule marketing projects
- Provide career guidance & mentorship to a growing team of designers & managers
- Staff, communicate & deliver marketing design projects
- Elevate the creative work with hands-on guidance
- Help recruit exceptional individual contributors & cultivate future design leaders
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers & agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, & principles
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You have strong experience in cross functionally with marketing, product, content & other design groups
- You have experience in partnering with agencies & managing agency relationships
- You're an excellent communicator & problem solver
- You possess knowledge & experience around Scrum/Agile design & development process
- You have ample experience as a hands on designer
- BA/BS degree in design, design & research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.