Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
As our Product intern, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, designers, data scientists, engineers & internal operations teams supporting the development of new Dataminrs Content Platform capabilities. Your coursework and/or prior experience in product, software or other related business areas will enable you to continue to develop a strong understanding of modern web technologies & product synthesis during your 10 week summer internship at Dataminr.
What youll do:
- Conduct end to end Product Discovery & recommend a future Content Platform roadmap opportunity (identify problems, goals & use cases backed up by stakeholder interviews & data analysis).
- Lead the delivery of an identified feature committed on the Content Platform roadmap - from requirements development, through design, engineering, test & release.
- Define the backlog of a key product by triaging & prioritizing feedback & issues identified by both internal & external stakeholders.
Desired skills & experience:
- Current postgraduate student, majoring in Business, Computer Science or related fields preferred (Spring 2021 graduation preferred)
- BA/BS in a technical field
- Previous experience in a product management, analyst and/or strategy role at a technology company
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.