Squarespace is looking for a motivated, strategic & creative Internal Communications Lead to help build a world-class internal communications program & inspire & inform employees with our key business & cultural narratives. In this role, you will lead numerous high-impact projects to bring the newly created strategic roadmap to life. You will work with senior leaders to understand their needs & sensitivities, & find ways to share stories about our vision, mission, values, campaigns, & products with our growing workforce of over 1,200 employees globally.
You will report to the Head of Internal Communications & Talent Brand, based in our NYC headquarters.
- Help create a new & evolving internal communications program
- Source, draft & deliver a variety of internal communications including email newsletters, intranet content, live company-wide events & more
- Lead creation of the editorial strategy & content calendar across multiple businesses, leaders, & geographies to develop content across channels, & promote company-wide roll-outs
- Review, edit & write clear & consistent employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders
- Design presentation materials for global all-hands meetings & other internal events
- Work with cross-functional partners to create programs that strengthen employee engagement
- Streamline disparate newsletters & communications efforts across the company & leverage various internal channels to advise on employee communications channel strategy
- 6+ years of internal / employee communications experience required
- Must inherently have a builder mindset & be driven by creating foundations
- Familiarity with building communications ecosystems & leveraging integrations across platforms to create a great employee user experience.
- Some experience providing strategic counsel to executive & senior leadership & creating compelling executive communications required
- Proven ability to create presentations & assets
- Knowledge of how to create thoughtful & creative narratives & communication strategies to influence perception
- Demonstrated ability to generate new, fun & creative communications ideas
- Experience determining measurement & effectiveness for internal communications strategies
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.