BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Fellow to join its team in New York in January 2021. While the Fellow will be working remotely at the beginning of the Fellowship, we do require that the work be done from New York. Fellow will primarily provide publishing & editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized & detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, & all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement & communication skills.
This Fellowship is part of a year-long program. Fellows work 40 hours per week & are initially paid $18/hour.
All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts & finding/creating content across platforms.
- Read & watch BuzzFeed content & find creative ways to adapt Buzzfeed.com content to Facebook
- Optimize content across Facebook pages (new & evergreen) & maintain a consistent publishing calendar
- Prepare insights for the social & editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization
- Track performance of all initiatives across platforms & provide recommendations for high-performing content
- Test creative & copy to discover ways to maximize engagement & traffic
- Create & grow audiences for 2+ new Buzzfeed-centric Facebook pages
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
- Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams
- May be required to work weekends
- Proven organizational & administrative experience
- Understanding of social platforms & messaging apps, & why content on those platforms became popular.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition.
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet (no haters).
- An ability to be flexible & deal with changing workloads
- Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.