You are unique. So are we.
Care/of (takecareof.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We offer personalized daily vitamin & supplement packs, recommended for people based on their diet & health goals. Delivered with a touch of joy. Care/of launched in 2016 & is based in New York City. (And were excited to meet you.)
What youll do
The Maintenance & Engineering team is responsible for the overall success & productivity of our fulfillment center machines. Based out of the Brooklyn Navy Yard in NYC, we identify the right equipment solutions to drive productivity & quality improvements, & we perform preventative & predictive maintenance of that equipment to allow our operations to run at optimized levels.
As a Senior Maintenance & Reliability Engineering Manager, you will lead our maintenance team & help discover next generation automation solutions by researching new technologies & applying technical subject matter expertise to optimize critical fulfillment processes. You will be our internal engineering expert reporting to our Head of Fulfillment responsible for designing, developing, testing, & evaluating integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics, material flow, & cost analysis.
- Lead the Maintenance team at the fulfillment center, including setting up predictive/preventive maintenance plans, implementing & integrating systems while building the organization
- Provide technical expertise & support to internal & external partners as we make decisions on buying & installing new manufacturing & fulfillment equipment
- Evaluate essential technologies, systems, & tools such as packaging machines, conveyors, quality control systems, & robotics & integrate them in a way that solves business problems & prevents future ones
- Develop equipment requirements & lead facility design projects. Continuously improve processes & equipment selection for industry-leading productivity, ergonomics, & safety
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree in Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience designing automation systems touching on innovation, design, manufacturing, & implementation
- Possess engineering knowledge to assess solutions, vendors & be our internal engineering expert
- Experienced with purchasing, operating & maintaining industrial equipment: compressors, conveyors, etc.
- Highly proficient with PLCs, including troubleshooting & programming
- Proficient with building out CMMSs, including developing equipment maintenance schedules & training technicians on processes
- Previous experience working at a start-up
- Six Sigma Experience
- Experience working in FDA regulated industry
- Setting up green field (new) facilities
Some benefits & perks of working at Care/of:
- Competitive salary + equity
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins
- Ability to shape a high-growth, dynamic brand
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people