(Note: this is a remote position, we are looking for candidates based in the Western part of the U.S.)
Prognos is an innovative startup that has advanced capabilities in lab data & artificial intelligence in healthcare. This is a new opportunity at Prognos to establish, deepen & expand relationships at existing payer customers with objective to identify & address new opportunities & increase value to customers. Prognos payer solutions typically address a specific function with a single population segment, so the opportunity to expand value & solution footprint is large.
- Working with Client Delivery to ensure payers expectations are exceeded & return on investment is defined & achieved.
- Interact with broader payer organization to understand objectives while identifying new value ideas. Establish credibility & trust while communicating Prognos capabilities & understanding payer challenges.
- Establish broad payer relationships at all levels including C-Suite to ensure Prognos value is communicated & new business opportunities are uncovered.
- Working with business development, develops & executes new payer specific account plan to generate new opportunities & revenue for each payer. Typical multi-line payers will have a goal of new revenue of $250,000 each year.
- Negotiate proposed deals, pricing & solutions with customers.
- Consistent advocate for customer within internal organization driving performance that creates long term customers.
- Research existing payer customers & anticipate needs & make proposals to enlarge our relationship & strategic value.
- Given customer perspective, recommend capability & product improvements to improve customer relationships.
- Document salesforce & other documents with information gathered regarding customer organization, objectives & challenges.
- Collaborates with Product & Strategy teams, Legal & Finance staff to validate that client needs are well understood & milestones, scope, deliverables & budgets are well managed.
- Creates proposals for each opportunity as needed, with internal review & approvals prior to external presentation.
- Closes business deals with existing customers by identifying & coordinating business requirements, developing & negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Day-to-day business development responsibilities including training on Prognos services as they are developed for this new market, pricing & proposal development, & pipeline management within
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare/payer industry, with a particular focus on selling into risk adjustment, clinical quality improvement, & other similar healthplan experience.
- Experience growing payer relationships, working with all levels of payer & success growing revenue
- Experience developing new business with insurance companies, large employers with a focus on data, healthcare experience (labs, Rx, claims, Payers) a plus.
- Proven ability to establish account plans, engage in positive internal stakeholder collaborations, & deliver on the sales goals while managing client expectations
- Track record of personal relationship building & selling into insurance companies & the teams that can find value in lab data analytics
- Desire to work in a start-up environment where your contributions make an immediate impact & where accountability is completely transparent.
- Excellent business relationship skills at all levels of a payer org
- Relentless & assertive voice of customer
- Must be educated at BA/BS level
Prognos Values & Culture:
- We are collaborative. We put team trust & energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble & willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above & beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners & are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, & results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters & prioritize. We think in perspective & see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied & always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous & honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change & a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments & have fun.
- Our culture guide: https://goo.gl/g43bP9
Prognos is a healthcare AI company focused on eradicating disease by driving decisions earlier in healthcare in collaboration with payers, Life Sciences & diagnostics companies. The Prognos Registry is the largest source of clinical diagnostics information in over 30 disease areas, with over 15B medical records for 180M patients. Prognos has 500 extensive proprietary & learning clinical algorithms to enable earlier patient identification for enhanced treatment decision-making, risk management & quality improvement. The company is supported by a $23M investment from Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE:SFE) & Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF). For more information, visit www.prognos.ai.
To improve health by predicting disease the earliest
To eradicate disease so that humanity reaches its full potential
- Flexible work arrangements & unlimited PTO
- Some of our benefits include: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Dental, Vision, 401k, HSA, FSA, Dependent care flexible spending, commuter benefits, free access to One Medical Group, Gym discounts, flexible work hours & locations, access to the WeWork network, a Health Advocate, Employee Stock Option Plan, & more