Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Payments are a very exciting & fast-developing area with a lot of new & innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, & is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast & make big impacts, VISA Payment Systems Risk group is an ideal place for you!
The Payment Systems Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk & fraud prevention applications & services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, & testing of products, applications, & services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, & mitigate fraud for Visa & Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems & building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the leaders of the PSR development team focusing on design & build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, & at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance & maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient & provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills & extensive data-driven product development experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development & test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. You will also help mentor & guide junior team members.
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development & implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, & comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development
- Partnering with Business to ensure completeness & common understanding of all requirements; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Aligning with architects & senior technologists on proper architecture & design
- Leading team to deliver on all code commitments & ensure a complete end-to-end solution that meets & exceeds business expectations.
- Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Identifying proper service metrics & measurements for ensuring performance against Service Level Agreement
- Working with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, & deployment automation. Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies
- Developing & maintaining architectural roadmap for applications & systems within the Payment Systems Risk domain & ensuring alignment with the business & enterprise architecture strategies & standards
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 5 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 12+ years' experience in software development building scalable, robust, & high-performance applications & services
- Expert knowledge & expertise in applications & services development using Java
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions & solving data problems using a wide variety of technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, MongoDB, NoSQL, as well as traditional data technologies like RDBMS
- Experienced in test-driven development & test automation. Experience with Continuous Integration & Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable
- Experience with Agile & Test Driven Development methodology
- Experience with creating highly scalable, highly available systems
- Excellent architecture documentation & modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs is essential
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.