PatientPop is the leader in practice growth with the only all-in-one solution that empowers healthcare providers to improve every digital touchpoint of the patient journey. As experts in the healthcare technology space, PatientPop makes it easy for providers to promote their practices online, attract patients, & retain them for life.
We've grown from a small, scrappy team to a workforce of 500+ driven individuals who are committed to scaling smarter. As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate & dedicated people to focus on innovative solutions while ensuring that we maintain a superb customer experience. That, in part, means finding highly qualified candidates who want to invest their energy to align with our company's long-term goals.
The Communication & Practice Engagement team supports all PatientPop Pro & Plus feature - such as Digital Registration, Telehealth, two way text, fax, push notifications, & more.
How you will contribute:
Your primary focus will be the development of our event-driven, microservices architecture & developing workflows to help enhance parts of our product service offering. This highly technical & hands-on position requires you to contribute to all aspects of design, design review, peer development, unit testing, debugging & implementation while helping benchmark performance. You should be comfortable with taking on new engineering challenges, defining potential solutions, & implementing designs in a team environment. A self-starter with the ability to plan, organize & establish priorities to meet goals & achieve results.
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python, Node
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask, Django
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Redis
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or relevant working experience
- Strong experience in Python, Java or PHP & a passion to learn new language
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) & a few non-relational databases (Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- Strong experience with Microservices & scalable object-oriented REST-ful web services
- You have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- You are team-oriented & collaborative, with the capacity to mentor team members
In 90 days you will:
Contribute to the development & support of microservices & workflow systems. You should prepare to have an immediate impact on the organization from day one. Youll take this far beyond your first 90 days. Expect to constantly be learning, challenging yourself & strategizing with your team on building world-class engineering practices.
- Opportunity to create impact
- Ownership & autonomy
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Remote friendly or relocation assistance provided
- 100% fully-paid health, dental & vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Our HQ is 2 Blocks from the beach, next to the promenade & dog friendly
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state & local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.